The Good Ol' Days

 Remember the time when you could go anywhere as a child, on a bike or a walk, with friends and loved ones, and not really worry about whats around you or what could happen. Remember when you could ride your bike to your friends house and tell your parents you'd be home before it got dark, and you did? 

What is something you're worried about as an adult now, if you have children? I want to be able to feel comfortable and safe letting my kids be kids and not be terrified of something terrible happening to them.

I asked my parents if they worried about me when I was young, like we worry today about our kids. And I was told, No they didn't worry too much about me. 

Me and my ex husband (yes I"m divorced) lost our oldest at the San Diego Zoo when he was 5. And it was the longest 7 minutes of my entire life.Your mind freezes, and it's almost like everything became scared to help us. I remember being asked "well what was he wearing?" All I could say was "Clothing!" Not helpful at all. Every worker we stopped to help us was barely over 20, and instructed us to "talk with a manager" again not helpful.

A passerby father heard me talking flustered with an employee when he said "excuse me, are you missing a boy? There's a boy around the corner asking someone if they have seen their mom and dad" 

I remember falling to my knees when he came running to us. He was SO happy he got to see the sharks again, and had the biggest smile on his face. When he ran up to us, I remembered what he was wearing, because I saw it, and I hit my forehead and felt SO dumb because he had a bright yellow shirt on and on the back it said.....

HIGH 5 ME I'M 5

Yes, it was on his birthday! And we took him to Disney Land to celebrate for 4 days....

So my point is.... Take a picture of your children when going to a large crowded area, so just in case, just in case...... you can just show the workers that picture and it could be a very big help right away.

Alright, rant over... Stay safe everyone, and keep your loved ones safe too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazon Associate!

Lets start off with DRESSES

In The Begining